[arm-allstar] Dosbox/GM300 problem....

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Apr 7 11:59:50 EDT 2024

Hi Bob,

You've got to have the correct RSS software for the exact firmware version
of radio you're using.

The main point by providing the HamVoIP DOSBox solution was to allow users
to program these radios without needing to find an old, slow DOS
computer---which is becoming increasing difficult.  I've found this
solution works extremely well for programming most radios that need a DOS
computer.

The programming software list isn't exhaustive by any means!!! It mainly
represents the tools I needed to program various radios I've had.  There
are many other RSS versions out there.  If they're DOS software, just load
them into the /dosprogs/<new software> folder on the RPi (I use WinSCP),
where <new software> is a folder you've made for the new applications.

Note that you'll need a patched radio EPROM for some (most?) MaxTrac's,
MaraTrac's, etc., programmed into the ham hands---their PA output level
settings are all screwed up.  For example, I once programmed an unmodified
VHF-Hi Maratrac I got off ebay and it had 180+ watts output!  Once I
installed the patched EPROM, it was again fine, back in the 110W range.

There was a source of pre-programmed EPROMs on ebay.  I'll try to find the
link.  There are MANY sources of RSS software out there, also from ebay,
etc. I can help you find them.

73, David K4FXC