[arm-allstar] Dosbox/GM300 problem....

Jah Rastafari nuhtrue at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 04:09:28 EDT 2024

I tried out the old Motorola radio programming package recently and for the
most part it's awesome EXCEPT two problems I'm unable to overcome on my
own; hopefully someone
else has seen them.

1) Not able to talk to any GM300 radios with either version of the RSS
includes (v4/5).
The RSS throws OPcode #7 error when I try to read any GM300s; the terminal
window
complains about a wrong baud rate.

2) Able to program every Maxtrac i've thrown at it; however the tuning
section seems
all screwed up. I can toggle PTT, adjust the reference oscillator, etc. but
reading deviation
is nuts (0.1 KHz!) and setting power is even worse: radios originally read
around 1w. I've adjusted
(I thought) successfully to 25w but when I get out of the RSS the (VHF)
Maxtracs show 70-80
watts! WTF?! I'm afraid to use them lest I start a fire...

Anybody seen/know anything about this behavior?

Thanks.

Bob
KK6RQ