[arm-allstar] HamVoIP Registration Key

Seth Miller N6PLmail at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 11:33:33 EST 2021

 I'm attempting to add a HamVoIP registration to my node but am receiving
an incorrect password error back from the server. I obtained my node
password (long hex string) from the Allstar registration site but it would
appear (and the post I found below implies) that the Allstar and HamVoip
keys are different. How do I request a HamVoip registration key for my
node? I tried emailing Doug but received no response, perhaps I have a bad
email address.

My primary node number is 50363 and I am registering with node extension
503630.

The registration command I am attempting to use is:

*register=503630#4569:<hex registration key>@register.hamvoip.org
<4569%3A3d798c4b6a25 at register.hamvoip.org>*

but as above the registration is being refused with  'Registration of
'503630#4569' rejected: 'Bad username or password' from: '74.91.126.182'

Thanks,

Seth  N6PL

*Some of you may have gotten a message about your Allstar registration
notbeing correct. The Allstar registration server URL has not changed in
yearsso this message can be ignored. Since most of the major systems now
runHamvoip code and have Hamvoip registrations the Allstar registration
isreally immaterial anyway. Any Hamvoip registered node exclusively uses
theHamvoip DNS lookup. If you do not have a Hamvoip registration one can
beissued to you for your nodes. Send a private email to me or Dave with
yournode numbers.In iax.conf  Allstar registrations look like this
-register => node:pw at register.allstarlink.org
<http://register.allstarlink.org>and Hamvoip like this
-register=node#port:pw at register.hamvoip.org
<http://register.hamvoip.org>*73 Doug**WA3DSP**