[arm-allstar] Variable for cop 18?

Darrell Black gigahacker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 20:08:20 EST 2020

I am doing this for our SKYWARN nets. It is not the best way but it works.
If I did it again , I think I would go a different route but here is some
food for thought. The way I am showing below edits the rpt file on the fly
then loads asterisk.

Script one: change to 45 minute messages and start hourly time and weather

#!/bin/bash
crontab /etc/asterisk/local/cron_backup_backup.txt
sudo sed -i 's/unlinkedct=ct5/unlinkedct=ct1/g' /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo sed -i 's/linkunkeyct=ct5/linkunkeyct=ct8/g' /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo sed -i 's/180001/2700001/g' /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo sed -i
's+tailmessagelist=/etc/asterisk/sounds/wx+tailmessagelist=/etc/asterisk/sounds/T07,/etc/asterisk/sounds/lark,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T03,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T04,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T05,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T08+g'
/etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo asterisk -rx "rpt reload"
sleep 5
sudo asterisk -rx "rpt localplay 50165 /etc/asterisk/sounds/T07"

Script two: change to 5 minute skywarn message and turn off hourly time and
weather

#!/bin/bash
crontab -l > /etc/asterisk/local/cron_backup.txt
crontab -r
sudo sed -i 's/unlinkedct=ct1/unlinkedct=ct5/g' /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo sed -i 's/linkunkeyct=ct8/linkunkeyct=ct5/g' /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo sed -i 's/2700001/300001/g' /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo sed -i
's+tailmessagelist=/etc/asterisk/sounds/T07,/etc/asterisk/sounds/lark,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T03,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T04,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T05,/etc/asterisk/sounds/T08+tailmessagelist=/etc/asterisk/sounds/wx+g'
/etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
sudo asterisk -rx "rpt reload"
sleep 5
sudo asterisk -rx "rpt localplay 50165 /etc/asterisk/sounds/wx"