[arm-allstar] weird issue with alinco dr-135

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:29:36 EDT 2020

Michael,

    It sounds like you have the COS set wrong in simpleusb-tune-menu.  The
Alincos need  a usbinvert setting for COS - item J. I assume that is what
that interface uses. If this is set wrong some very screwy things like you
are observing can happen.

*73 Doug, WA3DSP*
*http://wa3dsp.org <http://wa3dsp.org>*

Subject: weird issue with alinco dr-135
Hiya,
I've got a raspberry pi 4b, an alinco dr-135, and an RIM alinco from
repeater builder. I set it all up today, and it seems to *mostly* work. I'm
just having a few weird issues. The main one I'm trying to resolve right
now is that it seems, once someone transmits once, the radio continues
telling the pi (or the pi thinks the radio is telling it) that the radio is
still receiving, when it is actually not. Because of this, transmitting and
pressing *81 doesn't (usually) receive any response, until a while later
the pi times out the connection and the radio transmits the call and "time
out" on top of each other. Btw, about that, any way to make asterisk not
transmit two files on top of each other I.E. call ID and time out messages?
Thanks!
-Michael.
AI5HF.