[arm-allstar] DDNS client on Pi running Hamvoip

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Nov 30 15:41:50 EST 2019

John,

Is this node registered with AllStar / HamVoIP? If so, you probably don't
need any type of DDNS client.  You can locate the IP access of the node by
using:

<node number>.asnode.org

So, for example, if you want to find the IP address of node 2560 (the WIN
system):

dig 2560.asnode.org

73, David KB4FXC

On Sat, 30 Nov 2019, "John McKain via ARM-allstar" wrote:

> I hope this is the appropriate forum.  I recently replaced my old
router with a mesh system that doesn’t support DDNS nor do I have any
other devices on my network.  I came by this page that describes running
a DDNS client on a Pi http://raspberrypi.tomasgreno.cz/dyndns-client.html
and wondering if anyone else is doing this and if there’s any potential
issues concerning Hamvoip.
Any input or suggestions from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John McKain
K6JRM