[arm-allstar] Node not in data base

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 14:02:32 EDT 2019

Well I have said this before many times but I will again, the status server
and whether you are in it or not is not an indication of a working Allstar
or should I say Hamvoip node. I rarely if ever check the status server. The
important thing is that you are registered and you can connect where you
want to. Any V1.5 Hamvoip nodes that have a Hamvoip registration will be
able to connect to any other similarly configured Hamvoip V1.5 regardless
of any Allstar server problem. Use the check_reg.sh script to see if you
are registered. Make sure the IP address (your public IP) and port you are
registered under are correct. When the Allstar servers are acting up either
of these could be incorrect.

The other thing to keep in mind is that nodes that are 24/7 rarely have a
problem. The astdb database is preserved and should it not be available the
last good database is used. I have multiple hubs and nodes that are 24/7
all shown in Supermon and unless things are down for a long time I do not
see any issues. Some of my nodes run for many months and are only rebooted
when necessary at an update.

So if you want to maintain conductibility to Hamvoip nodes make sure you
have a Hamvoip registration. This is the majority of connections in our
community. If you want to connect to a non Hamvoip V1.5 node or a Hamvoip
V1.5 node not registered with Hamvoip and the Allstar servers are down or
giving out bad info then unfortunately you are out of luck. We are working
on a fix for this.

Also remember the Supermon "node not in database" message on the node line
simply means the location, frequency, etc. data is not available. It does
not mean a connection cannot be established. This is a separate database.
This database is retrieved at boot and once every 24 hours at 3-4 AM. You
can force a download by typing  astdb.php  at the Linux prompt. This is
necessary if you change any private node information as it will not reflect
your changes until the next time this script is run.

* <http://www.crompton.com/hamradio>*