[arm-allstar] Linking AllStar with SvxLink

Mike Sullivan kn4imu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 22:42:32 EDT 2019

We have already looked at the Ubiquiti network, their site sits in a really
bad place to link with just about anyone else.. we are in the process of
planning on building a network with the club across the river as well as a
planned new repeater for our club/ARES group. Probably looking at
Powerbeam’s to use for that.

I’m wanting to explore this option personally anyways for the pure fact of
being able to use Echolink Proxy. That solves a lot of connection headaches
for our individual members. But we may just stick with RF for Echolink and
focus on Allstar for linking.

I did see a post somewhere on my Google Search that someone was trying
running them and using an internal soundcard routing for the audio.. but
didn’t read further into it yet.

Mike