[arm-allstar] Kenwood TH-D74 DTMF troubles

wb9rsq at me.com wb9rsq at me.com
Thu May 17 11:25:55 EST 2018

I use a THD74 and all 16 tones decode perfectly and consistently.
In fact I use it as my primary back up control since my Icom radios don't
always work as well.
I have loaded several command sequences in to tone memory on the HT and they
fire and decode correctly.
The audio on the HT is certainly higher then that from the THF6A as far as
microphone audio but the tones sound about the same.
I'm not sure if the internal mic gain on the 74 would also change the tone
level, I didn't test.
However there are three levels for internal mic gain.
There are settings for duration and tone spacing for firing the command
sequences from memory.
However if manual entry is failing that's not going to matter.
Maybe narrow FM would decode better.
It does sound louder on some receivers so maybe your node would hear the
difference.
I swapped out a Motorola radio for a DR1x and noticed no difference in tone
decode performance.
My interface is a URI.