[arm-allstar] Need help: New to AllStar Link Network

Terry Bethlehem kd4ont at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 00:17:01 EST 2018

The distro is mostly dialed in. There is very little you need to do. You do
need to build an interface between the repeater hardware and a modded sound
fob. Repeaterbuilders.com might help with figuring out what wire goes
where, and how to, if needed, program the repeater to interact with the
other side hardware. This may take you months to understand what is going
on, and that is normal to a new person.

Don't give up. It takes time to learn new stuff. You will eventually get
all the bits and stuff working perfectly. Just let your club know, you
learning this new toy isn't going to happen overnight. It is better you
teach yourself, than have an outside person that puts it together. The
things you will learn, will make you smarter, and the go to guy for this
tech. It will take some time to learn new technology. It isn't impossible
to learn. You just need to feel comfortable with editing text and have
decent soldering skills, or have a friend or two that can help.

To understand more about allstar isn't difficult. It just requires you to
do some digging, reading, homework, and following directions. You will get
it working.