[arm-allstar] Need help: New to AllStar Link Network

Larry larry at thunderbolt.net
Tue Jan 16 01:10:36 EST 2018

Maximo,

First a Welcome!!!

Sounds like you have the biggest hurdle (the software install) done and
working. Many of the settings you worry about were set for you during
the questions you answered during the node setup when Firsttime ran and
you entered your node information etc.
Next hurdle will be the USB sound of whatever type you chose to use.

The configuration files you may want to tweak will be found in the
"/etc/asterisk" directory.
Mainly in the 4 files "extensions.conf", "iax.conf", "rpt.conf", and
"simpleUSB.conf".

The rpt.conf will contain the settings where you will build macros for
your users to use as well as enable and disable different processes.
Tones, ID's, Schedule commands and many other settings depending on how
you want your Node to perform.
If you look at the rpt.conf file you will find different sections where
things a set to use different features of Asterisk.
It also contains the pre programmed DTMF definitions like Doug was
telling you about for connecting and disconnecting to other nodes.
Remember to preface any DTMF command issued from the command line or
DTMF dialed with an "*" (asterisk).
New users tend to forget or don't realize it is needed when looking at
the rpt.conf listing. It is noted but not always caught.

If you visit this link it will provide many simple examples to the
questions you will have. https://www.hamvoip.org/#howtos
chose a section and read on...

This Hamvoip group is one of the most helpful I have encountered. Be
sure to keep asking questions and you will have an easy learning curve.

Good Luck
Larry - N7FM