[arm-allstar] Node locks up RX-keyed

w7jca w7jca at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 10:03:21 EDT 2018

                Good morning,

I have a node that has been operating for a few weeks now. Every so often I
would get complaints that the node is sending a dead carrier with no audio.
I could never find out what was going on. It would work ok for a day or two
but then I would get a complaint about this. I monitored the node last night
and finally seen it happened. I was connected to the WIN System for about 20
mins and then 2 guys were having a QSO and all of a sudden my node keyed up
and stayed keyed. It said "Node 48467 RX-Keyed" (my node is 48467) and
looking at the node the COS (composite) keyed, COS (input) keyed, all the
others said cleared. I grabbed my HT and pushed the PTT and then everything
cleared and went back to normal. I am at a loss of what is going on.

My setup is as follows. I have a raspberry Pi 3 connected to a URI connected
to a Motorola CDM 1550. This is setup as simplex mode that connects RF to my
repeater which is a Yaesu DR-2x. The wires-x is turned off. I shutdown the
digital side a few weeks ago because when I started getting the complaints,
I thought the digital side was causing this. I have PL`s set on both TX & RX
on the repeater as well as the node radio. When I actually saw the node lock
up there was no transmission from the repeater or the node radio.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

John, W7JCA