[arm-allstar] Echolink ?

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 09:25:02 EST 2017

Echolink woes were addressed several months ago in the V1.5 code. There
were significant problems that were fixed. I have seen no problems here on
echolink since that time, certainly nothing needing a daily reboot. My hub
has regular echolink logins and uptimes of up to several months.

If you are not running V1.5 or have not updated recently or you are using
some other version of Allstar you could certainly have echolink problems
especially with echolink updates causing crashes.

Echolink requires that three servers be defined but they are not all always
reachable. In fact some are never reachable. The bottom line is do you have
a database downloaded? You can view the entire database or check individual
entries in the Asterisk client.

There is an echolink howto on the hamvoip.org web page.