[arm-allstar] Echolink dropping out

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 16:15:51 EST 2017

Barry,

 Echolink has a lot of timeouts that can be initiated at the Windows end
and possibly at other remote clients. It is possible a timeout was your
issue. I have not seen a problem with echolink and in fact the 1.5 version
has several improvements to the code that previously in certain situations
caused system crashes.

I assume you are aware of the ports that need to be forwarded for echolink
and that you cannot be running another instance of Echolink on the same
public IP unless through a proxy.

Also make sure you have the latest updates for that node from hamvoip.

If it persists it would be helpful to run the client and look for any error
messages that may have appeared when this was happening. You can also do a
dump of nodes or look for a specific node with the echolink commands in the
client.