[arm-allstar] No audio output from node id, time stamp etc

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 11:12:36 EST 2017

Zvi,

  We generally use simpleusb and the setup procedures are for that. The
usbradio file is just there for reference and while it could be setup it
would have to be done manually and we do no normally recommend that. I
think your problem is the duplex=0. That turns off ALL telemetry meaning
you will not hear any announcements, etc.

It is a little misleading from a binary sense but the normal mode for
simplex operation is duplex=1 which is the default at setup.  Duplex=2 and
above is actually duplex for repeater use. duplex=0 is a special simplex
case where all telemetry is turned off and only needed in special
applications.

If you are setting up a simplex node most of the default values in the
setup can be taken then use simpleusb-tune-menu - item 12 from the main
menu after boot after setup - to setup your radio.