[arm-allstar] Kenwood TM-V71A as a remote base

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Wed Jun 7 06:01:42 EST 2017

Thanks David, I actually meant to post a link to that board when I
originally posted but forgot to as I thought someone might ask... lol.

The boards are available again from Marshall, I may get one along with a
V71A in the near future to play with, but was really hoping someone can
confirm if this will work well first. I think it will with Hamlib and a
suitable control cable and pipe audio in/out of a URI or similar interface,
but the remote interface board looks fun. Wish I would have held on to my
706MKIIG (which is fully supported by this board/app_rpt and hamlib), but I
loathed that radio with a passion, that's a topic for another day.

I've also read that COR on this radio operates on CSQ only, you can't set
it for PL or DPL from what I've read, can anyone confirm that? Most likely
won't be a big deal as most of the repeaters I'm interested in listening to
are CSQ anyhow, but there are a couple that aren't.

73
Stephen
K1LNX