[arm-allstar] Interfacing into a Quantar

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 16:08:37 EST 2017

There is a neat trick you need to know about Quantars. Not all the signals
you need are available on the telco connector unless you have the 8 wire
Wireline card. But you can trick the 4 wire Wireline card to providing the
signals you need by loading a codeplug for an 8 wire Wireline card. Of
course you need the RSS and the proper codeplug to do this. You'll also use
the RSS to set the wildcard tables to properly program the Wireline card to
match your cable. The whole thing is rather complex but very versatile.

The MRTI connector can be used rather than the telco connector. I never use
it because, as I recall, there were some signals that cannot be there.

You know about repeaterbuider.com, right? Lots of Quantar info there.

We probably shouldn't get too deep into the details on here. Contact me off
list if you like.

--
--
Tim