[arm-allstar] IAXrpt n00b question

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:23:53 EST 2017

Mark,

 Have you followed the howto at hamvoip.org?

https://www.hamvoip.org/iaxrpt-config.pdf

Everything is installed in all hamvoip images to run iaxrtp. All you need
to do is specify a password in the iax.conf file (iaxrpt stanza secret=) or
have specified an iaxrpt password when you did the initial setup. Then you
need to setup the account in your iaxrpt client. This is shown in the howto.

Keep in mind if you are using an iax  port other than 4569 you need to
specify it in the IP address field in iaxrpt and you need to use local IP
addresses if accessing it locally and public IP addresses if remote. If
remote the iax port needs a port forward in your router.

Example for different port -

192.168.1.100:4568

iaxrpt has nothing to do with being Allstar registered. You could access
any Asterisk/Allstar system in this way public or private.