[arm-allstar] Baofeng 888 and URI

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 23:49:36 EST 2017

Dan,

  Where did you get the mod info from? There is a howto on the hamvoip.org
website. COS comes from pin 1 of the audio chip. It is an 8 pin chip and
depending on the 888 version your may need to remove the board to get to
it. This is all described in the howto. Also what USB FOB are you using?

You can test this without Allstar. Disconnect from the FOB and key another
radio into the 888. With a meter from the COS line you installed from the
radio to ground it should go high with signal - above 2V - and low without,
near 0 volts.

Make sure you did not accidentally select 2 for duplex in the setup. You
can also look at the /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf file and look for the duplex=
line. It should be duplex=1

Again the V command in simpleusb-tune-menu is a good test. The COS should
go KEYED when your 888 is receiving and it should stayed keyed as long as
you have the radio talking to the 888 keyed.

When you unkey the PTT should briefly key to send the courtesy tone.