[arm-allstar] DTMF Tones

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 00:28:17 EST 2017

Kerry,

 Glad to help you. You can visually see the decoding of the tones in the
Asterisk client. As you hit each tone and if correctly decoded it will
display on the screen. Assuming you are using the V1.5 hamvoip software you
can enter the Asterisk client from the main menu item 11 or at the Linux
prompt type

asterisk -rvvv

Main reasons for not being able to decode DTMF is improper level settings
or an improper de-emphasis setting. You can change these items in the
simpleusb-tune-menu which you can get to from the ADMIN menu or by just
typing that at the Linux prompt.

In simpleusb-tune-menu item 2 is the level settings and item G toggles
de-emphasis. Try turning de-emphasis on or off and check that the level is
correct. Voice level should peak at 5khz on the simpleusb-tune-menu item 2
bar graph display.

Changes to the simpleusb-tune-menu in the V1.5 version are dynamic, they
change instantly so there is no need to reload or restart.

You could open two putty sessions and have both of the above screens open
simultaneously to make it easier to see your results.

It is also possible Allstar is not receiving any audio from you radio. The
COS line must be active to receive audio. `In the simpleusb-tune-menu
select item V for view. You will see a display at the bottom of the screen.
The COS input should show KEYED when you transmit TO your node radio, node
radio receiving signal, and CLEAR otherwise. If this is not working your
COS is not correctly connected. If it is reversed you need to toggle the
COS mode - Item J - if this is working correctly and you are still not
seeing RX audio (item 2) then check your audio connections from your radio.

I hope that helps.

Happy New Year,