[arm-allstar] Newbie hardware node builder, looking for elmer that I can ask questions or advice.

kd4ont kd4ont at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 13:48:40 EST 2017

Thanks. I will try this test. My main goal is to make an 888s repeater AND a dtmf mic and internal speaker in the node box. I want the ability to use an ht around the house or use the node box like a base station. I want the repeater idea because I need to be able to tx without needing the repeater, on either side, to drop before I can key up. The target repeater has allstar mixing with the rf side. The setup I'd like is full duplex with zoiper as a rx on the phone. That way, if I key up with the ht, and someone keys on their side, I can hear it and unkey and let them talk. I already have zoiper set up on my node. I'm slowly gathering parts like used in g7rpg's videos.
I know this might sound bass ackwards to those trying to figure out why in the world would anyone want to do that?!