[arm-allstar] irlp on rasberry pi 3

Steve Passmore k6kya at hokeynet.net
Sun Jul 10 18:57:08 EST 2016

>From my involvement with networks running both Allstarlink and IRLP.
Problems with interconnection are solely political on the IRLP side.  That
being said interconnection is tolerated by IRLP as long as IRLP connections
are only inbound while other VOIP networks are connected. This is why there
are several IRLP reflector channels with permanently connected Allstarlink
hubs allowed.
You cannot initiate outbound IRLP connections to other nodes or reflectors
or you'll risk getting threats of having your IRLP keys pulled.  If you
have Allstarlink or Echolink disabled then you can freely connect outbound
using IRLP.  A long standing example is the EchoIRLP project which only
allowed either IRLP or Echolink connections. But not both concurrently.
I still have a few PC based Allstarlink nodes that can't be updated as they
are running the old Allstarlink code that had the IRLP channel connectivity
before it was removed.  It sure would be nice to get that code reintroduced
into one of the Allstarlink distros.

Steve

--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential