[arm-allstar] Odroid C1, C1+ --was: the Pi3 is on the way...

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Feb 29 23:28:05 EST 2016

Hi Dave,

You are correct that the current Odroid's have excellent GigE Ethernet
support and I've found it to be very stable for router use, VPNs, etc.

Unfortunately, as Doug mentioned, they -still- have buggy USB drivers
which cause all sorts of issues, including random USB disconnects,
subsystem panics, errors and in the best case scenario, bad audio pops &
clicks related to these bugs. The worst case is that the board must be
rebooted for USB to EVER recover (YIKES!)!

Doug and I and others (Hi Matt!) have been round and round and round
trying to find a solution.  This one show-stopping issue cripples an
otherwise excellent platform!

BTW, from what I read, the new S905 SoC (used on the new C2 board) has the
same USB hardware interface as the earlier S805 SoC (C1, C1+ boards). So,
it'll probably have the same USB nasties--for now, at least (Boo Hoo). I'm
still keeping my fingers crossed for a solution, but, after a year of
waiting, NOT holding my breath!

73, David KB4FXC