[arm-allstar] Remote base HF squelch

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Feb 9 14:11:32 EST 2016

That is probably a topic we don't want to get off on, on this list, but the short answer is yes and also depending on the country you are in maybe even not legal. It is my understanding that in the US as long as there is a control operator present on the circuit (not physically with the operator) a technician class operator could go out over HF. It is a very gray area and anyone listening on HF could assume the technician class was actually operating on HF. The control operator by definition has to be able to monitor and control the circuit.

Often these links are password protected and/or private and often only monitor nodes, listening only to HF over a node connection.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio