[arm-allstar] Better audio?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Apr 20 12:52:02 EST 2016

Chris,

 Your remark about pre and deempahsis making little or no change does not make sense. You should definitely notice a difference in changing that.

What code are you using. Earlier versions of the code did not have pre-emphasis.

Also you have to make sure you uncomment - take the semicolon off and set them to yes and restart Allstar - astres.sh - when you make the change.

The mods are in the howto (hardware) section at hamvoip.org. It involves breaking the lines between the RX and TX internally. It also talks about how to set simpleusb.conf

RX/TX PL is handled by the repeater and ID is turned off in the repeater and supplied by Allstar.

I recommend the 1.02 (or 1.01) RPi2 code or 1.2.2 BBB code for use with the DR1.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio