[arm-allstar] simpleUSB - simple question ??

gm4upx at gb7jd.co.uk gm4upx at gb7jd.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 18:30:28 EST 2015

Head above the wall time again <smile>

Got my mobile node running with the two Baofeng 888's, one for the node
and one for wandering with ..

Had it running for a couple of days at home on 3G, works fine, next move
is to install it in the car.

While running it at home I thought, that's smaller, neater, more
sensitive on rx, and uses less electricity than my converted Cleartone
that I dragged kicking and screaming from 439Mhz to 434Mhz so why not
get another Baofeng to use on my regular 70cms node ??  Now, here's the
rub,  I haven't found a way to get CTCSS access setup to the node.

Two reasons I guess, 1) it's not possible  2) I haven't RTFM correctly.

I set the node Baofeng  Tone access to 118.8 ('my' frequency ) and tried
all configurations in simpleUSB.conf and I get either no access or
access with txing a tone.

Where have I failed ???

Regards,

Ian..

ps. module reload doesn't change the settings, it needs astres.sh !!
took me ages to figure that out <smile again>