[arm-allstar] interfacing BBB CI-V serial connections

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Oct 2 23:37:56 EST 2014

Sam,

 I am not familiar with xcat but there are many CI-V to USB converters out there. I would make sure it has the FTDI chipset. The BBB has the ftdi library loaded. I have not tried it but it should work. Of course you would use a USB hub and the 1.2 version coming out. You could also use a usb to serial converter but technically that is the same thing only less specialized. CI-V is a serial data stream.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio