[arm-allstar] Success! node 29534 online using a BBB and URI.

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Nov 29 23:11:33 EST 2014

Pierre,

 Very happy to hear you got it going and welcome to the BBB Allstar club. But it is a team effort and thanks also goes to Chris, W0AMN and Dave, KB4FXC. It is really fast and easy to setup sometimes surprisingly so. You were first time so 15 minutes was good. You could probably do it in a couple of minutes if you were a fast typist and had done it a few times prior. Maybe we should have BBB Allstar setup races!

If this is a remote repeater site you also might want to think about turning on the watchdog - See the scripts howto. It is probably not necessary but always good just in case. Also there are some things you can do with DTMF that are commented out in the functions section of rpt.conf that you might want to utilize, like reboot , restart, etc. Just use a more complicated tone sequence for security. Also in a repeater situation, especially a club, the TTS capability to message locally is a real bonus.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio