[Arm-allstar-irlp] Internet & astdb.txt question

Lawrence Roney roney at chiarappa.com
Sun Sep 8 21:28:47 EDT 2019

For what it's worth.

I experienced the same "repeater goes to sleep" issue a few weeks back when one of the mountaintops lost connectivity.  The physical ethernet link on the Pi would have remained up since it is plugged into a switch, but there was no connection to the Internet further downstream.

My Pi has a static IP address if that lends any insight.  Also, the mountaintop Pi would have been a permalink *73xxxxx connection to a central Pi down in the valley acting as a hub.   The repeater "woke back up" as soon as Internet was restored.

I have not had a chance to test with another Pi on the bench.  Most of my bench units are DHCP.

Thanks,

Lawrence
N6YFN
Henderson Amateur Radio Club - w7hen.com