[Arm-allstar-irlp] MDC-1200 request

Pres W tpwaterman at gmail.com
Sat May 25 23:21:07 EDT 2019

I understand. It's not a great solution because of the limited
availability, but it's quite a bit more secure than DPL has become the last
few years, and once you accept the "bummer" that making the system
limited-access, it opens up some interesing aspects:

Making it a qualifier means the repeater would not broadcast the user's
code (since the path wasn't opened until the MDC itself)
Allstar users wouldn't hear it for the same reason
Also, the jammer would have to be able to hear a valid user on the input to
decode/copy the valid code, which could be changed if it becomes compromised

I know that decoding the MDC can trigger a macro or COP command. Is there a
COP command that would toggle a connection from "monitor only" to
"transceive" quickly? That would suffice.

However, cop 2 and cop 3 (System enable and disable) would not work because
both ends of the link would be cut off and thus nobody local could hear
stations to contact. Cop 36 and 37 (Foreign Link Local Output Path
Enable/Disable) seem intriguing but did not do anything when I ran "rpt cmd
40980 cop 37" at the CLI.

-Pres