[Arm-allstar-irlp] MDC-1200 request

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat May 25 15:29:35 EDT 2019

Hi Pres,

I've been pondering ways to utilize MDC-1200 coding for a while. A big
concern is that most ham gear doesn't support it, so you're limited to
commercial radios. Now that the MDC-1200 patents have expired, perhaps ham
vendors will show more interest.

Another thought is to try DPL coding rather than CTCSS, which might
present a little more of a road block to the bootleggers.

73, David KB4FXC