[Arm-allstar-irlp] 2 more nodes successfully migrated.

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:39:48 EST 2018

Phil,

 The hamvoip IRLP code is not a reflector it is a stand-alone node so it
would have all the same restraints as a "real" IRLP node. Unlike Allstar
IRLP can only be connected to a single other node at a time be it a single
node or a reflector. The primary intention of this code is to replace the
many gateway connections from Allstar/Echolink to IRLP that existed on old
buggy PC's. An Allstar/IRLP node would connect to a single reflector which
then would have many IRLP nodes connected. So you can have many on Allstar
but only one on IRLP unless it was connected to a reflector which had many
connected to it. It is important to understand the many differences between
IRLP and Allstar. It makes you appreciate Allstar even more!