[arm-allstar] full duplex RF link

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Sat May 4 09:13:22 EDT 2024

OK, so here's where I'm struggling a bit.

duplex=0 with linktolink=yes is exactly the logic I need as far as the
node is concerned. Audio is not repeated, and RX/TX act independently of
each other. However, since there is a radio receiving the repeater's
main output frequency, what is stopping the RX radio from repeating the
audio back to the node again, causing a loop, when something is sent to
the repeater via an Allstarlink connection or through WT? If audio comes
in from Allstarlink, it is sent to the repeater's second receiver via
RF, then that is heard by the repeater, and thus the RX radio, which
sends COS, and transmits that audio back to the network, theoretically.

Is there a command-line way to have simpleusb ignore COS, so it can be
tied to an event, like rxkeyed to prevent this from happening?

This would make it a not quite full duplex link, but would still allow
for TX while the node is in RX, and would prevent loops.

Am I even making sense here?