[arm-allstar] NWS current ovservation data off-line

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Feb 22 19:30:22 EST 2024

Hi Everyone,

I got a message this afternoon that the new hvwx weather info utility
wasn't reporting data.  So, I looked at the NWS systems, and all their
current observation data seems to be off-line.  I'm not sure how long it
has been down?  Once it's available again, data will automatically start
updating.  Note that Accuweather does seem to be up and properly
operational, so users of the weather.sh script shouldn't notice any
issues.

Here are examples of the outage.  Look at the current conditions:

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=35.5987&lon=-82.5534

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.8843&lon=-87.6324

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.7145&lon=-74.0071

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=27.9465&lon=-82.4593