[arm-allstar] How to get FTM-300D working with AllStar voip

Kevin Custer kevin at kc-wireless.com
Sun Feb 4 22:48:58 EST 2024

Bill,

I believe the FTM-300 is going to require the following special
attention to work correctly:

First - watch this video by NA9LE - YouTube; DRA-50 & FTM-300 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lJDpADFxA4
While the video references a DRA-50 - a properly wired DRA-30 will
work.  I'll assume you have it all wired up properly.  This video is for
a different application, (digital data) but concentrate on how the radio
is set-up, so you can duplicate its operation. Otherwise - COS may not
be present.

Then - continue with what follows below:

1 - Put the FTM in B+A mode on screen; sub band A visible on screen;
data band set to "B-Fixed".
2 - Set the DATA speed in radio to 9600.
3 - Use the data band for ASL.

If you're using a Yaesu CT-164 data port adapter cable - use pin 4 of
the Mini-DIN-6 for receive audio, and pin 6 for COS.

An amplified radio interface may be necessary to achieve proper transmit
deviation for voice.  The DRA-30 will work - but the TX audio may be
low.  A DRA-50, CT-164, and male to male Mini-DIN-6 are the right
combination for this radio making a nearly plug-n-play set-up.

Kevin W3KKC