[arm-allstar] How to eliminate "squelch burst"

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:12:25 EDT 2024

Are you referring to just the squelch tail, or also the nasa-sounding
courtesy tone? That didn't sound like it was coming from your node
directly, but maybe it was?

The rxaudio line that David mentioned further in this thread will do
absolutely nothing for audio you hear. Anyway, the clear node defaults
to a value of 10.

The SA818 in the clear node sends out an odd frequency at the end of
transmissions (I believe it's 59 Hz) that some radios will respond to
better than others assuming CTCSS (tone decoding) is enabled. About half
my radios like it, and the other half don't. Yaesu and Baofeng radios,
in particular, ignore it. Kenwood, Icom, TYT and other radios I have
here will close squelch when they hear that tone.