[arm-allstar] Linking repeaters

Dave Petrie wa2kjc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 17:10:27 EDT 2024

i would use zerotier.com and create a vpn network using an ip subnet that
isn't
the same as any of the raspberry's IP's at sites you want connected to each
other.
no port forwarding is needed and no discussion with the internet provider
is needed.
if you have more than one raspberry running at the same internet
connection, i would
use a different port in the /etc/asterisk  iax.conf, for each
raspberry,example 4569 is the default,
i have used 4562, 4565, 4567, 4580  whatever works for you and may not be
needed
when using zerotier with no ISP port forwarding into the raspberry.
when zerotier is installed and running on any raspberry hamvoip setup and
any
computer of your choice, they all can talk to each other on the  zerotier
IP structure you have
chosen, has nothing to do with the ip that is being used to connect the
raspberry and
your computer to the internet outgoing.

don't think about any IP address except the new zerotier IP address you
assigned to each
raspberry and computer on the zerotier vpn network.
example using firefox browser using my zerotier network i made:
 http://10.10.7.65/supermon
or putty, Host Name or IP Address, 10.10.7.65  Port 222
or winSCP Host Name  10.10.7.65  Port 222
of course you change the zerotier assigned IP depending on which remote
raspberry you want to connect to.
remote desktop works fine as well if you have a computer running at the
remote site
with zerotier loaded and working.
you will most likely have to add each zerotier ip for each node in each
nodes /etc/asterisk/ rpt.conf
at the bottom so they all know each others zerotier IP path, and if they
are private nodes they can't
be the same node number.
example, the 1998 gets changed to your node number and use it's new
zerotier ip:
1998 = radio at 10.10.7.65:4569/1998,NONE

see the attached pdf file to help you install zerotier
have a look at my drop box for more things I have done.
I really like Hamvoip and appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it
and all the support from this forum.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/euv7en7zx4zl8jrn9mnhm/h?rlkey=cic5tvtnycznjvrcj7v54p2qn&dl=0

Dave
wa2kjc