[arm-allstar] Linking repeaters

Richard Perks richardperks95 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 03:21:49 EDT 2024

Dear All

I have linked 4 repeaters but I need to understand more about how the links
work over the Internet because they can sometimes drop and the permanent
link setting does not always re-establish. I have put the start up macro to
re-establish after a near end failure or intentional Reboot and then via
crontab -e I have set 4 reboots a day so that I have more chance of the
links being re-established if they go down for whatever reason over the
internet. I also have to use a hub out side of my country due to the ISP
routers not being easy to access and port forward. I am looking into how to
over come this so we can have a hub here in Seychelles. My questions are as
follows;

1. Just to be sure - What ports and protocols are required to be forwarded
? 4059 222 5038 80 ?

2. What is the handshake protocol to keep a link established and are there
latency limits ?

3. How do Private Nodes improve the reliability of a permanently linked
repeater network ?

4. What are the Terms and Conditions for establishing Private Nodes ?

5. Any other tips please?

73
Richard Perks
Chairperson