[arm-allstar] rxondelay negative values --was: Internet drop cos hold

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Jun 13 09:44:50 EDT 2023

Hi David,

rxondelay can have both positive and negative values.  Each increment of
the rxondelay setting represents an additional 20 millisecond delay.  So,
for example, if you set rxondelay=10, that's 200mS of delay.

If you use a positive value for rxondelay, COS as seen by simpleusb
is always delayed by the set number of milliseconds.

As of mid 2018, rxondelay could also be set to negative values. If set to
a negative value (e.g.: rxondelay=-10), the rxondelay operation only gets
applied immediately after the simpleusb PTT was asserted, but not when the
radio/repeater has been sitting idle.  This improved the problem where
rxondelay is getting used to solve ping-pong situations.  Since no
ping-pong occurs when the system is idle, negative values fix the
problem with user's audio getting chopped off on their initial
transmissions.

Note that the rxondelay parameter is only applicable to radios attached to
HamVoIP via the simpleusb driver.

73, David K4FXC