[arm-allstar] Stumped: Can't use Dinah with 9600 Baud Pin/Kenwood Radio

ve3rwj at winsystem.org ve3rwj at winsystem.org
Tue Jul 4 16:32:03 EDT 2023

Hi.

I have a Dinah and a Kenwood TM-V71A.

I have a couple friends with the same set up who have switched DIN plug pins
4 and 5, and are getting flatter/nicer audio as a result.

We all ordered the same adapter cable from Mobilink to do this.

Two of us are hearing ourselves on Allstar when we transmit into the node
radio with an HT. I am not. I have copied all settings: packet sensitivity,
SQC, etc. to copy my friend's, and still nothing.

I have two TM-V71's, so I did a full reset on the second one, and copied my
friend's settings for the data port and still, no audio.

That rules out a possible problem with one radio's data port.

NOTE: If I crank SimpleUSB menu 2, RX level, all the way up, and turn on RX
boost, I can hear myself but very quietly.

Audio coming the other way, from Allstar is fine.

What could be the problem?

There aren't many things to adjust here, so I am stumped.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks and 73

Chris