[arm-allstar] Global timed messages

Matt Holder ke0ncp at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 10:27:13 EST 2022

So I am not having much luck with this. I can not get the playback function to work at all. Nor can I get the playnews script to work using the instructions provided with the script.
The only successful way that I have gotten the playnews scrip to work is by following M0FLF's youtube tutorial which uses the following cron tab:
25 21 * * 1 /etc/asterisk/local/playnews/disconnect.sh 51237 *7630 21 * * 1 /etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.11 ARN NOW 51237 G55 21 * * 1 /etc/asterisk/local/playnews/playnews-0.11 ARRL NOW 51237 G15 22 * * 1 /etc/asterisk/local/playnews/connect.sh 51237 *7345830
the disconnect and connect .sh files are executable using chmod 750 and look like this:
disconnect:#!/bin/bash/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun $1 *1$2"

connect: #!/bin/bash/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun $1 *3$2"

I have no idea what those files are actually doing but it seems without them the news wont play. I also don't want my node to disconnect and would be great if it actually announced the 10 min and 5 min announcements.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong though. I spent about an hour and a half the other day and was not able to get it working.
Anyone have any suggestions to play the news via a cron job globally and play the 5/10 min messages globally?
Thanks!!!
Matt - ke0ncp

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone