[arm-allstar] Motorola Issue

Lewis Horn hornl at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 18 20:03:11 EDT 2021

Hi, I have 2 Motorola GM300 radios with the 16 pin connectors.  Both radios
have the masked logic boards, so the pins are not programmable.  I purchased
the RIM-Maxtrac-RM to connect both radios and my PI to set up a repeater.
Both radios (GM300) worked when I had mikes on them and could communicate
with local repeaters and simplex.  I removed the jumpers from the back that
allowed the internal speaker and connected the RIM-Maxtrac-RM.  The lights
flash on the card that goes into the 16 pin port on the radio.  The radios
are configured as follows:

Receive radio - has mic jumper in mic port

Transmit 446.9000

Receive 441.9000

PL 107.2

Transmit radio - nothing in mic port

Transmit 446.9000

Receive 441.9000

PL 107.2

In all star link, I have the following:

[general]

[usb]

Montorola GM300 with COS inverted

eeprom=0

rxboost=0

carrierfrom=no

ctssfrom=usb

invertetptt=0

plfilter=yes

deemphasis=no

preemphasis=no

rxaudiodelay=0

under simpleusb_tune_usb.conf

[usb}

; name=usb

devstr=1-1:1.0

rxmixerset=500

txmixaset=500

txmixbset=500

I  am not getting anything using a handheld trying to key up the repeater.
Any ideas?  Nothing like being a newbie.

73,

KD6YTS

Lewis