[arm-allstar] Bluetooth ? and WiFi?

Steve Liggett sbliggett2 at gmail.com
Sun May 23 17:38:30 EDT 2021

Here is what I do. I have been doing it for several years and it works quite well.

I use the iPhone, but either OS works.

Set up your node to use the phone’s Personal Hotspot, which connects it to the outside world via cellular service. These instructions are online.

Now, you will note that if you take your laptop, you can also connect to your Personal Hotspot, and surf the web etc. But, you also have a little LAN going between your node and the laptop. So you can just shell in:

ssh -pYYYYYY root at xxx.xx.x. <mailto:root at xxx.xx.x.X>x

The YYYYY is what you set up in your node. The default is something like 220?

Anyway, to know the IP address I have a script that is accessed by DTMF commands from my radio that will say the IP address (this may or may not be part of the latest build, you will need to look). You connect and the usual menu comes up and you can use the client or do other things. Or if you are not comfortable with that there are control programs out there as mentioned. But, you are never on the campsite WiFi. So as long as you have cellular service, you are good to go with full control of the node.

steve
W3RX