[arm-allstar] Motorola as Node Radio

Mike - W5JR w5jr.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 23:25:15 EST 2021

I’ve used many versions of the Kenwood land mobile radios, VHF, UHF and 900. Windows software for the TK-x80 series. Easy to reduce the power to a few watts. Also easy to put a 40mm fan on them. Will require the accessory cable or soldering wires to key points. The UHF TK-880 works acceptably in the ham, but the closer to 440.0 you go, you may want to peak the receiver front end some.

Their later series has a 25 pin connector right on the back (UHF TK-8180). Same for the similar NXDN series.

tnx
Mike / W5JR
Alpharetta GA