[arm-allstar] Motorola as Node Radio

decloyd at gci.net decloyd at gci.net
Tue Mar 2 20:32:06 EST 2021

Chris, I strongly recommend a Shari PiHat-U.  You have three levels
of options to choose from.  The basic level one choice is a complete
kit for $89, you buy a Pi4-2G and the Pi power supply. I buy the 2G
version for $42 and about $8 for the power supply.  Going with that
option is a total of $130.  These kits uses the Nice RF SA818 half watt
transceiver. I use the Baofeng UV5-R handheld for the user radio. You
can buy those for about $25.  So, when the smoke clears you're into
a complete Allstar/Echolink PiHat-U and user radio for about $160 or less.

I have three of those systems and they work really well and very easy
to assemble.

Dave, KL7M  503-739-1981 If you have questions feel free to call me
I live in Alaska so Noon Anchorage = 4 PM New York