[arm-allstar] Kenwood repeater issue

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 19:13:59 EST 2021

WARNING!!!!

The SHARI does something nasty that makes it very much not ideal for a
repeater link.

Even if you have everything set up for gated PL, COS detection won't
drop until the carrier does, if it initially had a tone and then the
tone drops out. This results in the radio muting like it should, but COS
keeps the node transmitting out to the network. I'd definitely not use
that method. Too bad you can't connect an interface directly to a second
port on your repeater's controller or something, configured as a link
port, thus no hang times, IDs and CT's. also, no ping pongs. People
really hate those. They're rampant on echo link.