[arm-allstar] USB Goes to Sleep

kg5rdf kg5rdf at gmail.com
Thu May 28 00:20:17 EDT 2020

Ken KC9QV, thanks for the reply!David,Sound like a plan, good to know why. I did what you recommended earlier today.Thanks for all you do.David  KG5RDF
-------- Original message --------From: David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net> Date: 5/27/20  9:25 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: kg5rdf via ARM-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Cc: kg5rdf <kg5rdf at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] USB Goes to Sleep Hi David,Is this node setup for any permanent outbound connections? If so, there have been reports of this issue during network outages.Basically stated, if DNS doesn't time-out promptly (as expected), it cancause an rpt thread timing problem to interrupt operation; the URIheartbeat LED blinking slowly is a symptom.I've already released one update for this issue that reduced thelikelihood of occurrence. I've got another update in pre-alpha (meaningit's not quite complete) that'll fully resolve this issue.As a work-around which will completely solve the problem now, just setup the permanent connection in the opposite direction, meaning don't use: repeater ---> hub. Rather, use: hub ---> repeater permanent connections.73, David KB4FXCOn Wed, 27 May 2020, "kg5rdf via ARM-allstar" wrote:> Sulphur Springs site URI has issues and/or USB goes to sleep and does not pass audio randomly I think.  When it occurs, I was monitoring Sulphur and Telco allstar rf sites. I would key the Arlington Allstar rf hub site via allstar. I could see ptt's on Sulphur and Telco.  Audio would not pass to the allstar repeater at Sulphur Springs. I booted the node and all works. I have had to do this 3 times over 24 hours. When it occurs, is there anything I should be looking at to track this issue down??Logs say:kernel retire,_capture_urb 5000 callbacks suppressedThanks David KG5RDF