[arm-allstar] Weather Announcements

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon May 25 00:54:17 EDT 2020

Bryan,

  There are several weather scripts in /usr/local/sbin.  AutoSky is a
separate install, howto at hamvoip.org. This gives current alerts for your
county. The other scripts are -

wx <city/airport code> - gives graphical weather for your location
(international)

weather.sh - USAGE: weather.sh <local zip, airport code, or w-<wunderground
station code>
                    Says temperature and current condition in voice.  This
is used by saytime if
                    station parameter is given in saytime.pl statement

wx_condition.sh - Says complete forecast from airport code or wunderground
station
Command Format:

    wx_condition.sh <station-id> or w-<wunderID> <node> <mode>

    mode = 'v' - view only, 'd' - debug - show all output
           'p' or blank - play output to node, 'b' - both play and view
           'x' - view raw xml or json data

    wx_condition.sh KPHL 40000        << play NWS to node 40000
    wx_condition.sh w-KPAPHL12 40000  << play weatherunderground to node
40000
    wx_condition.sh KPHL 40000 v      << just view weather, no play
    wx_condition.sh KPHL 40000 b      << View and play weather to node 40000
    wx_condition.sh KPHL 40000 d      << debug, View all data and play
    wx_condition.sh KPHL 40000 s      << Just save output to
/tmp/wx_condition.gsm
    wx_condition.sh KPHL 40000 x      << View raw xml or json data

    Set Degrees F or C and api Key in /etc/asterisk/local/wc_condition.ini
    Default is degrees F. See https://www.wunderground.com/member/api-keys
    for key information