[arm-allstar] Direwolf from the Control Panel

vk8mt at hamradio.org.au vk8mt at hamradio.org.au
Mon May 4 21:43:09 EDT 2020

Hi again

Thanks, for the info thus far.

I needed to install 'screen'.  Thanks David KB4FXC (from an old post). This
(as recommended by Doug) worked:-

direon=cmd,/usr/local/aprs-tools/etc/dw-start.sh

Although I needed to modify dw-start.sh  by adding a path to my
direwolf.conf file.

#DWCMD="$DIREWOLF -a 100"
DWCMD="$DIREWOLF -c /home/direwolf.conf -a 100"

You can check that it is running by using the following commands: -

"screen -list" and "screen -D -r direwolf"

You can again "detach" from the Direwolf screen session with control-a then
"d" at any time and direwolf will continue to run.  (This from the Direwolf
User Guide p.28)

Can anyone help with what a dw-stop.sh script would look like?

When I run it from the Bash Shell Interface, I just send a Ctrl C and it
exits.

We are making progress, thanks to those who have provided assistance.

Mal