[arm-allstar] USB driver for hamvoip

Chuck Munro va7ul at va7ul.ca
Sat Mar 14 18:53:29 EDT 2020

Hello list,

I feel rather dumb asking this question, but I'm having trouble trying
to figure out how to get my CM-119  based RaspPi hat to show up as a USB
device in hamvoip.  The hat uses USB to connect, not the GPIO pins, so
it's effectively a CM-119 based dongle.

Do I need to add a driver for the Cmedia chip?  The lsusb command shows
the chip is there, but I have no idea where its device file may (or may
not) be in the  /dev  directory.  The Cmedia web site makes no mention
of an ARM-based Linux driver.

Any suggestions for configuring this "dongle" will be most welcomed,
with my thanks.

73,   Chuck     VA7UL